Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WEB 2.0 Awards

I explored the Web 2.0 Awards site. There were some web sites that I could see the library staff using. The www.biblio.com site which allows you to find out of print books and you can also buy them from this site. This could be useful if a patron wanted to secure a book that is no longer in print. Also, librarything.com, which people who read can offer suggestions to others about what they read and how great or not so great it was. If patrons ask you for suggestions on what to read, you could suggest this site or check it out for them.
There is so much to look at on 2.0 and read and you have so many choices that it becomes tiresome looking at it. Over all, it is ok. There is a broad selection of sites and it all comes with an explanation.

1 comment:

NormanC said...

Anna, this is news I can use. I have been looking for an out of print book for a month. It is entitled "Journey of the Songhai People". I have been doing historical research. I had this book when I was in Philly, but it was left behind. Such is life. Thanks, again, for the useful information
Norman